Monday, October 26, 2009

VoiceThread

I thought this would be a link, but it's not. I think I'll keep trying. http://voicethread.com/share/694530/

I wanted to involve my twin 8 year old daughters in making the Voice Thread, and they loved it. They helped me choose the photos from our trip to Maryland and Connecticut this summer, and they loved narrating the photos. It was a fun project to do together, and I didn't feel guilty sitting at the computer while my kids are awake, which I usually try to avoid.

I have heard from our 21st century literacy teacher that Voice Thread can be tricky to use in whole class situations. I still want to use it, but at this point in time, I am not feeling adventuresome technologically-speaking, and I need to work up my nerve to try yet another new thing.

2 comments:

  1. I love how you captured your girls' voices as well as yours. Did they have fun doing this? Their voices were so cheery!

    I can see how you could have each girl do her separate comments and even you and your husband--and Great-Grandma by phone--give voice to your memories. Neat!
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful example of family collaboration. I love hearing all of their voices.

    On another note, I definitely think you can do a VoiceThread as a whole class. I would just upload all of the photos before hand and then have the students comment on them in class (multiple people can comment at once.)

    ReplyDelete